PRODUCTION MANAGER URGENTLY NEEDED!!!!!![02/03/15]
Searching for a new challenge? Would you like the opportunity to work in Bahrain with a global food and beverage organisation? Have you got at least 3 years experience working within Quality Assurance in the Food and Beverage Industry? Keep reading
The purpose of this position is to ensure high quality of finished goods by managing and coordinating activities of chemical & Microbiological laboratories and maintaining efficient quality management systems at the plant in accordance with all relevant local, corporate and legal requirements and applicable guidelines.
Position Accountability Summary
- Manage QA department team by setting goals to direct reports and assessing their performance, coach, coordinate and monitor regularly their activities and support their development.
- Manage and coordinate cross functional and cross department activities & coach peers in quality and food safety related aspects.
- Establish and maintain a quality management system (ISO) as part of the plants system to manage product quality, which ascertains continuous verification of the compliance and effectiveness of installed systems.
- Ensure food safety of all manufactured products by implementing the relevant legal and corporate requirements (e.g. HACCP, GMP).
- Assure quality by testing all relevant ( Chemical, physical, microbiological, sensor) properties of established and new raw materials, packaging materials, processes, semi-finished products in accordance with ISO manual, HACCP system, legislation, and internal docs and continuous improvement of quality and process in collaboration with Manufacturing.
- Manage crisis situations internally as well as externally in a way that is supportive to the companys image, relevant policies and business objectives ensuring proper risk management.
- Ensure proper planning and monitoring of the departments budget, plan investments and prepare appropriation requests.
- Know the ethical and legal compliance responsibilities of the position.
- Ensure strict adherence to the Standard Operating Procedures outlined by the company with respect to GMP, ISO 9000, ISO 14000, ISO 22000 and OHSAS 18000.
- Own the QM Pillar agenda for the plant and work closely with the pillar leads & teams to ensure achieving the CBN.
- University degree in Chemistry, Microbiology or Food Technology.
- Minimum 8 years experience in food industry, preferably dairy or beverages.
- Previous experience in working in a Management role
- Excellent knowledge of ISO quality system and QCMS, HACCP standards.
- Good Knowledge of Food safety regulations/ company policies and procedures.
- Excellent understanding of process, production, development and information systems operating in the category.
About the Company
Why BLOMMER International?
Firstly, we know our market and we deliver. Based in the CAMEROON AND CANADA we have a track record of developing long term relationships with candidates & clients over the last 10 years who see the benefit of strategic Talent Management, from Graduates to Main Board appointments.
Our main areas of expertise lie within the following:
Production & Engineering
Sales & Marketing
Supply Chain & Logistics
Equipment & Services
Added value chilled foods
Meat, Poultry & Fish
Drinks and Beverages
To support our work, we have an extensive database of internationally based food, drink & FMCG professionals. We advertise on all relevant websites, we network constantly and with a team of experienced Search Consultants we know the people you will want to talk to.
We are the regions largest and only dedicated Food and Drink recruiter complimented by a number of excellent relations within many non food FMCG companies across the MEA who see the value our approach offers. Born out of a strategic vision from our parent group Focus Management Consultants to be closer to our international partners across the MEA region, we have rapidly become one of the premier FMCG recruitment consultancies working with both large multinational businesses and local operations.
Supporting our consultative recruitment activity we utilise the most optimised and developed web and social media engagement techniques available in the market allowing our team of specialist consultants to engage with candidates & clients on many different media platforms.
As innovative leaders of our sector, we are constantly investing in creative ways to source and attract candidates and add value to the recruitment process for our clients.
Our business approach is ethical and honest, and it is our clear objective to maintain integrity with both clients and candidates at all times.
The aim is to become your preferred recruitment contact who will work in partnership with you, assisting and advising at all times your search for that next career opportunity. We also desire to become the preferred partner of choice to FMCG businesses for your ongoing and long term recruitment needs. We will achieve this by delivering you highly effective solutions and committing to you for both your immediate and future business needs.
An American multidisciplinary group of companies with core business interests in technology, land development and related services. Headquartered in Canada sub regions in Cameroon and South Carolina, USA
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button